The fire Marshall, appreciating the history of the Oaklands, dug into the archiv
The fire Marshall, appreciating the history of the Oaklands, dug into the archives and found the original building permit for the Oaklands! It lists W.P. Burnett as the owner taking out the permit on June 20, 1889, so we now have an official birthday! It was expected to be completed by September 20th as a 3 story brick apartment house with a brownstone front at a cost of $20,000.
The next permit is to turn the hotel into an apartment in 1960. The owner, Erwin Sego converted the Oaklands into 18 apartments and 6 sleeping rooms at a cost of $10,000. That’s a deal!